Double Mercury Entertainment Pty Ltd
Based in 'The Arcade' Melbourne, Australia
22 October, 2015
Smog Game is an award winning eco-themed colour matching endless runner for the iPhone and iPad, which shows children the benefit of reducing their 'Smog' carbon footprint. Created by environmentally minded Australian teenagers,Josh Caratelli and Liam McLachlan, they hope to inspire other kids to get started developing their own games and caring for our fragile eco system.
Smog Game begun as a passion project at Josh and Liam's public high school, Elwood College. After seeing some lackluster games used in the classroom, both Josh and Liam wanted to create a fun game that inspired players to learn more about the environment, rather than have information forced upon them. A few years later they formed a company: Double Mercury Entertainment Pty Ltd and restarted Smog Game as a commercial project in-between studying. Since then they’ve been lucky enough to have some super supportive people along the way and even win some awards (they’re even representing Australia internationally in the 2015 APICTA Awards in Sri Lanka!). Smog Game will be launched on the AppStore in late October 2015.
- Intuitive colour matching gameplay.
- Integrated sustainability theme and gameplay. Learn how to Save Earth while you play!
- Challenging endless runner - procedural generation for unlimited replay-ability.
- Play as a jet-pack kangaroo, give your character a top hat or even play upside down and so much more with the Modifer System.
- It's FREE!
Smog Game Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "NOMINATED: Representing Australia in APICTA Awards, Sri Lanka" TBD November 2015
- "WINNER: Australian National Secondary iAward." iAwards 2015
- "WINNER: Victorian State Secondary iAward" iAwards 2015
- "WINNER: PwC's People's Choice" STEM Challenge 2014/ PAX Australia 2014
- "WINNER: Group Advanced." STEM Challenge 2014/PAX Australia 2014
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
PC Mag Aus | STEM Scholarship we created
Press coverage for the scholarship we created to attract women and disadvantaged students into STEM au.pcmag.com.
Organizations which have helped Smog Game a reality smog-game.com.
About Double Mercury Entertainment Pty Ltd
Smog Game is an award winning eco-themed colour matching endless runner for the iPhone and iPad, which shows children the benefit of reducing their 'Smog' carbon footprint. Created by environmentally minded Australian teenagers, Josh Caratelli and Liam McLachlan, they hope to inspire other kids to get started developing their own games and caring for our fragile eco system.
More information on Double Mercury Entertainment Pty Ltd, our logo & relevant media are available here.